Reports to: Vice President and CEO Status: Regular Full-Time; Remote
- Responsible for driving agency media relations strategies and outcomes
- Works closely with CEO and VP to execute strategic communication plans
- Willingness to identify new business leads and assist with business development
- Model behavior that demonstrates a positive commitment to fellow Fletcher employees, clients and the community
- Promote respect for and appreciation of all individuals, traditions and lifestyles
- Demonstrate and promote a climate of courtesy and professionalism toward all
Strategic Communications – Strategy and Execution
- Responsible for managing client accounts with a focus on media relations - ensuring solid strategies and results, quality control, and providing exceptional client service
- Responsible for building long-term client relationships and helping to ensure account retention
- Writing/oversight and editing of press releases, blogs, bylined articles, case studies, email campaigns, collateral materials, websites and other types of copywriting
- Media relations management to include:
- establish and maintain productive media relationships
- develop relevant, timely pitches
- media list creation and vetting
- delivery of pitches to secure coverage
- coordination of interviews, photo opps, press conferences, etc.
- provide detailed pitch notes and coverage reporting
- correlate business outcomes to media coverage
- Social media campaign development, planning, execution, and management (including content calendars and blog topics) that drive engagement and reach social influencers across platforms
- Knowledge and ability to respond to crisis communication situations
- Fluent utilization of subscription services for media list development, press release distribution and media monitoring, analysis and tracking
- Develop client reports (generally monthly) including analysis and results
- Manage personal workload, detailed tracking of all time and adhere to deadlines
- Some travel to attend out-of-market client meetings and events
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to execute client work ensuring a high level of quality, adherence to deadlines and budget, and with a focus on results.
- Exceptional writing skills with command of AP style.
- Quantifiable media relations experience with successful track record for placing stories.
- Ability to develop and maintain quality relationships with clients.
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability to thrive in a self-directed, remote work environment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, business, or related field.
- Minimum five years of experience in a PR/marketing firm, news organization, or related media company.
- Ability to travel for business when required.
- Willingness to represent agency at networking events and build community relationships in new markets.
$50 - $60K Annually. Commiserate with experience. Benefits include 3 weeks paid vacation, 14 paid holidays, 5 paid sick days and 4 paid personal days in year one. Flex time as needed. Employee-only healthcare benefit paid at 100%. Family plans can be added. $100 per month cell phone allowance and remote work equipment provided.