Fletcher Marketing PR is seeking a graduate-level intern for an ongoing part-time position. Seniors may be considered. Our interns receive training and hands-on experience and have gone on to work in agencies across the country. Check out the position description and if interested, email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Public Relations & Communications Association (PRCA) – the largest global public relations body, based in London – recently honored two East Tennessee public relations executives as inaugural members of its International Fellows: Fletcher Marketing PR CEO Kelly Fletcher and Senior Strategist Mary Beth West.
There's a lot of debate about paid placement and PR and where it fits into the whole big picture. In this episode we talk through the different types of paid media and why paid should be a part of your PR strategy. Plus we explore which scenarios are the best match for different types of paid placement.
With the possible repeal of Roe v. Wade in the headlines, Mary Beth West and Kelly Fletcher talk about public relations strategies for businesses considering weighing in on this episode of Ms. InterPReted
There seems to now be a high-level consumer expectation that corporations take a stand on issues and also consumer criticism if your corporate brand is remaining silent.
Reports to: Vice President Client Service & Operations Status: Regular Part-Time
15-20 hours per week
Pay ranges from $15-$18 hour
Objective: To provide support to internal teams and assist with client service.
• To model behavior that demonstrates a positive commitment to fellow Fletcher employees,
clients and the community.
• To promote respect for and appreciation of all individuals, traditions and lifestyles.
• To demonstrate and promote a climate of courtesy and professionalism toward all.
• Writing and editing press releases, blogs and various other content
• Utilization of Meltwater media database for research and media contact list development
• Research journalists and pitch story angles
• Track and report on pitching progress and results
• Social media content development (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
• Research on a wide variety of topics
• Event management and support
• File management and organization for cloud storage
• Assists with monthly client reporting compiling metrics and analytics into digestible reports
• Manages weekly workflow and tracks time on software management platform
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 3rd year student (seniors or graduate students preferred) in related field (PR,
• Previous agency or in-house PR intern experience preferred
• Demonstrated writing skills for diverse media (press releases, blogs, promotional copy)
• Direct social media experience
• Website content management experience preferred
• Fluent with Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of media databases, Sprout, Basecamp and
FreshBooks preferred (but will train)
• High attention to detail
• Strong multi-tasking capabilities
• Ability to work both independently on a virtual team
In the Public Relations world, we often work to promote single brands, or single businesses, but when several come together to collaborate and promote their town for the sake of tourism, everyone wins. It’s why we pulled together a group of powerful community stakeholders to host a FAM tour to promote Townsend, Tennessee.
This week, Knoxville NBC affiliate WBIR-TV (Twitter: @WBIR) launched a multi-part series detailing “The Big Quit” – an employee-transition phenomenon confronting employers in the United States and abroad.