Summer brings out our creative nature. Gone are the dark, heavy clothes of winter and here to stay are the bright, fun fashions of summer. And summer has definitely arrived! I know this because of the apparel choices that have recently emerged on Market Square.
I am far from a fashionista and have no right to cast any stones; however, I have noticed a few things that I am going to avoid myself. Here is my first top 10 list for what not to wear this summer:
10) Short skirts if I cannot keep my knees together while sitting down.
9) Oversized hats or head-gear that causes you lose your balance. (Yes, I saw this more than once!)
8) Anything that accentuates a muffin-top.
7) Tank tops with arm holes that are too big, showing too much skin.
6) Matching outfit with my sweetheart.
5) A t-shirt that is too short to cover my beer belly leaving not much to wonder about.
4) Oversized glam rhinestone earrings with my short shorts, flip-flops and t-shirt.
3) Pants forming a camel toe…..Really?!
2) Heeled platform shoes that cause my gait to look like I am a seven-year-old boy pretending to be a cowboy.
1) A white Elvis suite that is way too tight and way too thin.
Have fun picking your digs!
FletcherPR is a national communications firm that specializes in reaching women through the power of media. Headquartered in Knoxville, TN, we are a full-service agency providing strategic public relations, social media and marketing communications services to our clients throughout the U.S.