#MsInterPReted welcomes another guest from “across the pond” in the U.K., Shayoni Lynn, FCIPR, CM-PRCA, of Lynn PR, based in Wales – an industry expert in data-management and insight-driven communications, strategic stakeholder engagement, measurement and evaluation.
Born in India, Shay holds Associate Lecturer status at Cardiff University and shares membership with Kelly and Mary Beth in the Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA-UK) – in which Shay is spearheading ethics initiatives in 2020 for PRCA’s PR Council.
Shay’s expertise spans numerous behavioral-science topics, including the emerging area of “nudge” communications. Shay is also a regular speaker at industry events in Europe. Last year, Shay was recognized in the WalesOnline “35 under 35” list of top young business and professional women in Wales. Early in 2020, Shay’s firm, Lynn PR, was named “One to Watch in 2020” by PRWeek UK.
Shay and Mary Beth also discuss the complexity of PR metrics and how "too much of a good thing" can result in meaningless data overload for both PR teams and clients, without necessary directional insights that prove the real value of managing data in the first place.
Among Shay's insights:
- How her new journey as an entrepreneur is unfolding, in leading her own public relations consultancy -- already to much industry attention and acclaim
- What "nudge communications" is, examples of how it's integrated into campaigns, what the benefits are, and how public relations professionals can use nudge as an effective, well-planned technique
- Why metrics -- while important -- also can be mismanaged in ways that take the focus off the core benefits of campaign outcomes (or even make entire companies go awry, such as in the precedent-setting case example of Wells Fargo in the U.S. banking industry)
- How ethics factor into both nudge communications as well as use of metrics
- How a PRCA-UK PR Council initiative Shay is overseeing on ethics is looking to undertake its work in 2020
- What three things public relations professionals should focus on today to achieve meaningful behavioral change with targeted stakeholders
- Follow the #MsInterPReted hashtag
- Discover Lynn PR: www.lynnpr.co.uk
- Connect with Shayoni Lynn on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shayonislynn/
- Follow Shay Lynn on Twitter: https://twitter.com/shayonislynn
- Follow Lynn PR ltd on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LynnPRLtd
- Discover Fletcher Marketing PR: https://www.fletchermarketingpr.com/
- Follow Fletcher Marketing PR on Twitter: @FletcherPR https://twitter.com/fletcherpr
- Follow Kelly Fletcher on Twitter: @KDfletcher https://twitter.com/kdfletcher
- Follow Mary Beth West on Twitter: @marybethwest https://twitter.com/MaryBethWest
- Follow the Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA-UK): https://twitter.com/PRCA_UK